My first two homemade MBA Coursera courses are now complete! I cranked out another solid week of work on my homemade MBA, and I feel like I have a lot to show for my effort. This week, I finished Foundations of Business Strategy class as well as Entrepreneurship. I also crossed the half-way point in Accounting by completing the mid-term exam.
Here’s my updated homemade MBA plan Gantt chart:
As promised, here’s how last week breaks down class-by-class:
- Strategy: Done! I find out my final grade and get my peer-review feedback on my final project this Sunday. This was my first completed course in my self-study MBA, so this was a pretty special milestone.
- Accounting: took the mid-term and watched the Week 5 lectures. I’m past half way now, and am still on track for a statement of accomplishment.
- Entrepreneurship: Done! I finished and submitted all the required materials and took the post-course survey. Woohoo! My second self-study MBA class completed!
- Operations: No progress on this one so far. I will start Module 2 next week to maintain pace.
- International Organizations Management: I finally got started on this class this week, and it’s a breeze. I finished Weeks 1 and 2 in less than four hours one night, followed by Week 3 the next night. Then again, I did watch the videos at 2X playback speed, but still.
- Marketing: I completed Week 1 of Marketing this week, and it is fantastic so far. See my first impressions post for more details, but this one is going to be a winner!
I’m really happy to have completed Strategy and Entrepreneurship this week. I will do a full, detailed review of each course when the course-load dies down, but Strategy was an amazing class – probably my favorite Coursera class to date. Entrepreneurship was also good, but could have been a bit better. Stay tuned for the full reviews so you can see for yourself.