This week, I kept pace with my current classes and decided to add a new course to my homemade MBA! I’m about half-way through my original homemade MBA plan, and I hate to make a change this late in the game (let alone making more work for myself…), but I think this course will fill a gap in my plan. See my separate post about Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence for more info.
Here’s my updated homemade MBA plan Gantt chart:
Here’s how last week breaks down class-by-class:
- Accounting: pretty normal week – watched the Week 6 lectures and completed the homework assignment. Week 7 has a lot of long videos, so it’s going to take a while to plow through.
- Operations: I worked on Operations quite a bit last week. I have completed the first three modules of videos, and submitted the first two milestones of the Coursera Operations Project. I also evaluated the submissions of five of my peer Coursera Operations Project. I’m still enjoying this class as well as the professor. I’m looking forward to next week.
- International Organizations Management: I finished Week 4 of this class, and am waiting on the release of Week 5. Week 5 is the final work for this class, so hopefully I will finish International Organizations Management this coming week.
- Marketing: I completed Week 2 of marketing, and it’s still as fantastic as ever. This week I will complete the Week 3 lectures and take the first quiz. Let’s do this!
- Corporate Finance: This class starts tomorrow, so I’m still waiting to see what it’s like.
- Leadership through Emotional Intelligence: As I mentioned in a separate post, I added this class to my homemade MBA plan this week. I know it’s late in the game to add a class, but I think this one will fill a gap in my plan. Besides, who doesn’t like a good leadership and personality course??
I’m as conscious as ever that I have 7 concurrent courses this week. It’s going to be a serious effort to maintain pace and not drop the ball with anything else, but I think it’s doable. Game on!